Wommusic (Word Of Mouth Music, Inc) is a combined artist management company, agency and label devoted to building artists careers and profiles around the world.
We started the company in 1989 in Copenhagen, Denmark. At first it was primarily functioning as an agency, both doing independent tours in Europe with artists such as Joe Henderson, Joe Lovano and Kenny Garrett, but also functioning as a sub-agency for other agencies (primarily handling Scandinavia) and working with artists such as: Chick Corea, Mike Stern, Joe Zawinul, David Sanborn, Herbie Hancock, Avishai Cohen (the bassist), Brad Mehldau, Jimmy Scott and many others.
Additionally we produced several independent European touring projects in collaboration with Danish Radio Big Band – 2 tours with Joe Henderson & DRBB playing Joe’s music primarily (1995 & 1996), 2 tours with David Sanborn & Maria Schneider + DRBB playing Gil Evans music primarily (1997/98) & 2 tours with Toots Thielemans/Ivan Lins & Maria Schneider focusing on Ivan Lins’s music (2002/2003).
We moved into artist management with Al Foster & Groove Collective in 1995/1996, later Niels Lan Doky (1997-2000) & Charlie Haden (2005). We have represented Kurt Rosenwinkel since 2002 and today also manage Spanish Flamenco-jazz pianist Chano Dominguez as well as Chilean saxophonist Melissa Aldana.
In 2006 we started our label called Wommusic. So far we have released 4 Kurt Rosenwinkel albums on our label, and have also released South African World-pop band Freshlyground’s latest album “Take me to the Dance” in the US & Canada. We intend to expand the label every time we feel we can be helpful to a band or an artist whom we love.
Following our view of todays opportunities for promoting and selling music, we are primarily interested to sign artists who have a strong touring career – or at least the potential for one (we can help them make that happen) – and focus heavily on social media to create awareness of our artists and releases.
But at the end of the day it’s all about the music. We choose to work with music & artists that really excites us just as music fans, and whom we additionally believe has the chance of actually reaching an audience. That’s the core principle that guides our approach to selecting the artists that we decide to work with and for.
- New date: Jan. 26, 2018 @melissaaldana will perform on double-bill with @johnbeasley Monk’estra at @chicagosymphony https://t.co/Tv7P6QsFSX 15 hours ago
- Wow! @FRESHLYGROUNDsa have just released a powerful new song/video entitled “Banana Republic” https://t.co/p8hfcpgnST 2 days ago
- RT @FRESHLYGROUNDsa: Live on Cape Talk 567 shortly 1450hrs do tune in #FreedomDay #BananaRepublic 2 days ago
- On April 30 @IntlJazzDay will be celebrated in #Havana #Cuba - and @melissaaldana will be part: https://t.co/kx5qcd7s6u @MonkInstitute #jazz 3 days ago
- Great backstory on #MilesDavis “Decoy” video & album except for the idiot “critic” “review” at the end: https://t.co/rYO6dY3qyx @mdonline 3 days ago
- RT @RadioTSFJAZZ: Un siècle d'Ella ça se fête ! Retrouvez toute la semaine notre #abécédaire spécial ! Ⓜ comme Ⓜarilyn ! https://t.co/vwq7fTaeZm 3 days ago